Friday, August 31, 2007

Insalata Blu

A few weeks ago Greg and I enjoyed some gift cards he had for Macaroni Grill. I had a delicious salad that I recreated at home. I loved it, but Greg said it's too sour for him. [He likes a little lettuce with his creamy bleu cheese dressing. :o)]

Butter lettuce

thin-sliced red onion

toasted walnuts

bleu cheese, crumbled

balsamic vinegar


I tore up the lettuce, gave the walnuts a rough chop and toasted lightly in a dry skillet. I did add the bleu cheese after I tossed everything else with the balsamic. This is VERY tasty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this salad and want to recreate it too. Is the dressing only balsamic vinegar or is it a vinegrette?

Tammy said...

Anonymous - This was just balsamic vinegar lightly drizzled over the salad.