Friday, May 4, 2007

Garlic Lover's Rub


Mmmm - garlic. We love it. Crushed, chopped, minced, roasted, we use it all the time. That's why I was very interested in this wet rub recipe from the June issue of Eating Well magazine. I made it tonight and put it on chicken breasts. Kinda worried that the garlic might burn on the grill and get bitter, but noooo...

The chicken was juicy and the garlic flavor was just right. Not too subtle, not too strong.

Delicious.

Greg even grudgingly agreed. (He's the dry rub master in our house, and I'm messing in his territory.)

I look forward to using this often, on all of the things we grill.


Garlic Lover's Rub

(use on: extra-firm tofu, shrimp, scallops, salmon, mahi-mahi, chicken, duck, pork, beef, lamb)

Combine 8 cloves minced garlic, 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard, 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest in a small bowl. Using your hands, spread the rub evenly onto 1 1/2 pounds (6 servings) of your chosen protien just before grilling. Makes 1/4 cup.


I'm thinking this would be wonderful on roasted veggies, too!


1 comment:

Lesley said...

I love garlic too, Tammy! I always feel more comfortable in the company of other garlic lovers, since I know they won't object to my aroma. ;o)